1. Make "my_blinkie.pspimage"
2. You should
have two layers: Raster 1 (which is blank) and Vector 1 (your text
3. Make Raster 1
your active layer and add a new raster layer.
4. Click on Raster 1 again to make this your
5. Click on
Click on Selections/Modify/Contract and enter 6 for the number of
7. Click on
on your Flood Fill Tool.
Change your foreground color to pattern by clicking on the color
button in your Materials Palette to open the Materials box:
10. Click on the Pattern tab and then click on
the arrow next to the pattern box to find the pattern you just created
for your blinkie. Then hit OK.
11. Flood fill the selected area of your image:
12. Make your
fill pattern active and click on Image/Mirror.
13. Change your pattern again to this image. (PSP
doesn't know we changed our fill image, so we have to tell it by
changing our pattern again.)
14. Make your blinkie image active and click on
your Raster 2 layer to make it active.
15. Flood fill your selected area with your new
16. Your fill pattern should be reversed. Notice
that in the first screenshot (Step 11) the upper left corner was pink
and that in the above screenshot (Step 15) the upper left corner is
yellow? You can check by turning the visibility for your Raster 2
layer on and off. If your colors aren't reversed click undo and
check the above steps to make sure you followed them correctly.
17. Selections/Select None.